quarta-feira, 15 de maio de 2013

*. PTSD .*

Album: A Sense of Decay (2013)
Genre: Prog Metal (Alternative Metal)  /  Italia

I knew I had to check out the new release A Sense of Decay by the Italian modern/alternative progressive metal band PTSD after I saw the wing of a fritillary butterfly on the album cover. I was especially happy when I saw track 10. You see, it is a cover of the awesome song Heavy on My Heart originally done by Anastacia and I believe it deals with her battle with breast cancer. Oh yes, PTSD take us on an emotional rollercoaster on A Sense of Decay as the band name would suggest and certainly the album cover suggests. To most folks, except if your name is Mike from Finland, butterflies are a symbol of happiness. But, as the album cover would suggest, many folks have troubles in their life that even happy butterflies won't solve. PTSD shows a wide range of emotion, not only in the music, but the "important" lyrics dealing with PTSD on this album. There are some very beautiful and softer moments on A Sense of Decay, but there are some very angry moments on occasions with even some extreme vocals. The vocals are all stellar, and work very well with the music. The music is predominantly progressive alternative metal, with certainly some electronic influence and probably some rock influence, too. If you are intrigued by what I have written, I would definitely check out PTSD. It is very well done and rather thought provoking. 
Review by "Butterflyman" (Rate Your Music).

RATING:  ??????????


.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário