sábado, 16 de março de 2013

*. Omela (Омела) .*

Album: Viscum Album (2009)
Genre: Prog Metal (Folk Metal/Symphonic/Prog Rock)  /  Russia

Russian Омела plays folk metal with a twist. The twist comes from their style being completely different to any other folk metal band. Often their music isn't even metal. The band also uses a wide variety of different unusual instruments (most probably played by synthesizers, but they sound very authentic) like cello, trumpet and organ, for instance. And it goes without saying that we have our mandatory flutes and violins too. If I had to describe the music on Viscum Album with only three words, I'd say 'atmospheric and beautiful'. A big portion of the album is either mid-tempo or slow, although there are a couple of times when the band shows that they can play even speedy power metal, if they only want to. Normally I prefer fast songs to slow songs, so I'm quite surprised to notice that I like Viscum Album so much. But that only means that the songwriting is excellent. Another probable reason for my liking are the progressive influences. You can't listen to songs like "Techenie" or "Nebesnoe Ozero" without being surprised and unpredictability is what I really love in music. This review is about to end now, because I need to go get an ice cold beer from the fridge, but before I leave you to ponder whether you should get this album or not, I have to give a special medal of honor to the singer Sergey Abramov for the terrific job he has done here. I can't remember him being this good in Butterfly Temple. Review by "Poohkali" (Rate Your Music).

RATING:  8.25 / 10   **GREAT**

.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário