quinta-feira, 28 de março de 2013

*. Kazimierz Lux .* (Reissue 2013)

Album: Lux C.S. (1972)(Reissue 2013)
Genre: Prog Rock (Folk/Blues/Funk)  /  Netherlands

The biggest cold is gone now ... but 7°C still no weather to play a 'rumba'. What I have here is: the CD version of CS (with the whole 'Distance' as bonus or vice -versa.) I play Kazimierz already over 35 years...I still love it. Don't expect an amatourish album...oh no...this is a warm quiet melancholic album, with excellent jammin' rock, some 'country and folk rock' and brought with Kaz unique high soulish voice. .....momento.. go upstairs to find the original vinyl cover ...coz' no info here.....and I need something to have in my hands... I'm back...didn't knew I have all his vinyl albums twice.. Just what I thought: Kaz is only singing on this and the cast is the old 'Brainbox' without Jantje Akkerman. Favourite tracks: 'Graveyard'..this one reminds me very much to the better Janis Joplin tracks (also the vocal part)...Summertime.... 'Delayed Panic' a simple warm 'country rock' track. 'Brown Chrystal': A good progressive track...but as 'single' an unevitable flop....this is not commercial. 'The Change'the track I like the most...it's simple and gives Kaz voice the chance to develop in it's own way:this has to be the single ! But also the tracks I didn't mention are above average. This one is for real album lovers from 'Blind Faith' over 'Janis Joplin' to 'Neil Young, Byrds, Gram Parsons' Spooner Oldham-Dann Penn compositions would sound great with this voice. 
Review by "beestie" (Rate Your Music).

RATING:  7.75 / 10


.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário