terça-feira, 11 de março de 2014

*. Glass Hammer .*

Album: Ode to Echo (2014)
Genre: Prog Rock (Crossover/Symphonic Prog)  /  USA

My initial impression of 'Ode to Echo' is that I am a bit disappointed. There seems to be less melody, less beauty and less passion than previous albums, and more what sounds to me as progginess just for the sake of sounding proggy rather than clear compositional direction. Granted, the album is new and may still grow on me, as past GH albums have. Yet the feeling of satisfaction that swept me with previous albums isn't with me on this one, save for the glorious opener, 'Garden of Hedon'. This opening track is fantastic, and I thought would set the stage for another near masterpiece. But tracks like 'I Am I' just don't do it for me. To be fair, I do like many of the songs. 'Misantrog', 'Pangegyric', and the albums closer, 'Ozymandias' are pretty cool. I guess I expected more than pretty cool. I also much prefer Jon Davison's vocals, and he mostly takes a backseat to Carl Groves, whose vocals to me are somewhat forgettable. 2 and a half stars for now. I will keep listening, willing (and hoping) for that rating to climb. Review by "snelling" (Prog Archives).

RATING:  ??????????????

.

Um comentário :

Postar um comentário