quinta-feira, 6 de junho de 2013

*. Kinski .*

Album: Be Gentle with The Warm Turtle (2001)
Genre: Psychedelic Rock (Post Rock/Krautrock)  /  USA

Yes, they get compared on a frequent basis to Neu! Only problem is, they only come close to sounding like a scant few of Neu!'s songs, "Negativland" in particular. This is where Kinski springs from, if the comparison is valid, and to hear the mastermind behind Seattle's Kinski - Chris Martin, obscenely sharing a name with Coldplay's lead dolt - speak it, while he does indeed enjoy the pleasing strains of Krautrock, he takes more of a cue from a gaggle of Japanese artists I must sadly confess and lament I've never heard of. What Kinski really are for me is delightful droning - incorporating a fuzz so fuzzy it's mold growing on mold - that I really can listen to just about anywhere. I just got this the other day, but I really can't stop listening to it. Think Mouse on Mars meets, um - Mouse on Mars with an emphasis on guitars. Yeah, that sounds right. Review by "astropolis" (Rate Your Music).

RATING:  7 / 10


.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário