domingo, 16 de dezembro de 2012

*. Batisfera .*

Album: Solar Wind - The Inner Circle (2012)
Genre: Prog Rock (Symphonic Prog)  /  Russia

A trio from Russia, with the aid of A few friends along the way. Some of this stuff is quite brilliant and at places reminds this reviewer musically of some of the UK greats -70´ ties period, to name a few Uriah Heep, ELP and even Budgie,! Yes I know but that is what comes to me, when hearing this fine album, that displays both mellotron, Hammond organ, flute, didgeridoo og lead guitars played like they used to. The singer has a voice that reminds me of Mick Jones from Welsh prog/rock band MAN, with his high pitched (not often in key, but still captivating) lead vocal. The album is sort of a concept album with titles like " The Sun-You´re My Son" /" Mercury-Who Am I" / "Venus- Brought You Roses Every day" etc. There are also very lyrical themes and sequences here and there with flutes and laid back keyboard moods. I find this outing very wonderful (so much so, that my replay button were getting tired of me) and even though the 70´feel, a fresh and honest approach!! So highly recommended to anyone into 70´ prog-rock like they used to make ém !! My only complaint is that the promo cd came with the booklet only, but hey that's a minor problem..isnt it?! Now go buy!! Review by "Tonny Larsen" (www.progplanet.com).

RATING:
Instrumental:  9.25 / 10
Vocal:  5 / 10

.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário