sábado, 10 de maio de 2014

*. Lisa Hammer .*

Album: Dakini (2009)
Genre: Ethereal Wave (Ambient/Folk/Neoclassical)  /  USA

I wasn't that impressed with this album. I almost didn't buy this cd because the moment I read the word "ambience" I knew that it would be nothing like her Mors Syphilitica albums which I love love love so much! I tend to stay away from bands that are linked to ambience-like descriptions because to me that means soundscapes which doesn't hold my interest usually) But since Mors Syphilitica is my favorite goth band ever, I thought I would give Dakini a chance because Lisa's voice is beautiful. Lisa writes, "The intention behind this cd was to create music for ritual, meditation and sex." Oh yes, I can see that with this album. I can see myself having it playing in the background while painting. That's as close as I'll get to meditating though. I don't think I would go out of my way to pop this in my car stereo on my way to work. It kills me to admit that because I really love Lisa Hammer's voice. Nothing really grabbed me, unfortunately. Review by "Shelley D. Brook" (www.amazon.com).

RATING:  7 / 10

.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário