quarta-feira, 18 de setembro de 2013

*. Miten with Deva Premal .*

Album: Soul In Wonder (2007)
Genre: Soft Prog Folk (New Age/Mantra/Acoustic Folk)  /  Germany

As a journalist, there are few times when I am rendered speechless. Listening to Miten, accompanied by his life partner Deva Premal offer up heart wisdom in the form of song and story in the newly released CD "Soul in Wonder", had that impact on me. Now that I have regained my ability to express, it comes through me to say that this CD is a constant companion in my car, I play it in a workshop I offer and the participants clamor to know "Who is that?" and recently in my role as an interfaith minister, I played two of the pieces "Fly High" and "Free Spirit (Ashes to Ashes)" during the memorial service for the father of another minister. All who were present were deeply moved by the music. The Van Morrison song "Inarticulate Speech of the Heart" would be a lovely wedding accompaniment as well. The Sanskrit chants "Twameva" and "Lokah Samasta", familiar to me as a practicing yogini, transport me as if on a magic carpet. "Through the Eyes of An Angel" is Miten's unabashedly sentimental tribute to his beloved Deva whose cloudless sky-blue eyes indeed had me mesmerized when we met back stage at a concert this year. "Fly High" and "Awakening" often have me singing at the top of my lungs, left arm 'breezing' out the window as I drive. The soaring sounds of the Bansuri flute played by Nepalese flautist Manose, add a touch of magic that tickles the ear and the heart. Deva and Miten are indeed Souls in Wonder, welcoming other Souls to sing along. This CD (and, in truth, all of the others they have created) is a must have for your collection if you are inclined to enjoy music that transcends genre. Review by "Edie W. Moser" (www.amazon.com).

RATING:  8.5 / 10   **MARVELLOUS**

.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário