sábado, 10 de agosto de 2013

*. Maddy Prior .*

Album: The Quest (2007)(Live 22 Track's)
Genre: Prog Folk (Contemporary/British Folk)  /  UK

** Concert Recorded at Winchester on 22nd October 2006 **

This is a live album, but I'm not sure where or when it was recorded since I'm listening to a streaming version. But she covers material from some of her later albums like Ravenchild, Lionhearts and Arthur the King, and that's fine by me - I love those albums and I would have truly loved to see this concert. The Arthur suite is incredibly powerful live - she's got a great band. It's nice to hear these variations. After Steeleye Span's halcyon days Prior's solo work has been criminally under appreciated in my opinion. She's an original voice, and we're lucky she's still around and evidently performing. C'mon Maddy, we'd love to see you here in the U.S. (especially Portland - hint!!). 
Review by "W. Schmidt" (www.amazon.com).

RATING:  8.75 / 10   **MARVELLOUS**


.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário