quarta-feira, 10 de julho de 2013

*. Carmen Maki & Oz .* (Reissue 2013)

Album: Carmen Maki & Oz (1975)(Reissue 2013)
Genre: Prog Rock (Heavy/Hard Rock/Blues)  /  Japan

I did a bit of double take when I saw the cover, and then found out the release date of what I assume is a Japanese only release of this Japanese outfit. The cover looks like it's from 1968, but the record was recorded/released in 1974/'75. All the vocals are in Japanese and the music itself resembles "epic" melodic mainstream Prog-ish/AOR from maybe slightly earlier than the release date (..I'd say '72-ish)...especially the first track with the obvious "Lee Michaels" like keyboard riff, that pops up early on. Three pretty good tracks... "Rokugatsu no Uta", "Asa no Fūkei" & "Watasi wa Kaze", with my favorite the first one. Some of the "Heavy" riffage on the last track reminds me of Dutch band Golden Earring circa their "Radar Love" period. All up, it ain't very different from what many bands were doing during this era but I'd say this would still be a worthwhile, left of field pickup (..if you can find it..) for fanatical, completest collectors of obscure, decent early 70's mainstream rock. Incidentally my Japanese Pressing has no English written for the song titles on either the cover or the record label, so many thanks the individual who included (..translated) them above...:) Review by "PROGROCKASAURUS" (Rate Your Music).

RATING:  8 / 10

.

Um comentário :

juan manuel muñoz disse...

yes, si, yes, gracias mi amigo

Postar um comentário