sábado, 18 de janeiro de 2014

*. Baker Gurvitz Army .* (Remaster + Bonus)

Album: The Baker Gurvitz Army (1974)(Remaster 2011 + 1 Bonus)
Genre: Prog Rock (Heavy/Blues/Hard Rock)  /  UK

How can I forget this debut album by Ginger Baker and his band-mates as I grew up with this album! Yeah it was mid seveties at the same time when I got Uriah Heep's 'Return to Fantasy' album, I also got this Baker Gurvitz Army debut. It was so captivating as Ginger Baker's drumming was so dynamic especially when I got the first track 'Help Me'. He proved himself as a great drummer by forming another power trio as follow up of previously established Cream. As I was still teens at that time I enjoyed actually the 'Inside of Me' track which sounded radio-friendly to me at that time. But this trio is really different. Look at the second track "Love Is" (2:47) which has dynamic orchestration and powerful drumming, combined with stunning guitar work. So is the case with the next track "Memory Lane" (4:46) which has unique composition, played with relatively fast tempo plus jaw dropping drum work by Ginger Baker. It's really nice - especially with the drums solo in the middle of the track. Again, it proves that Ginger Baker is a talented drummer even though he was originally an employe of certain store and quit his work to learn as great drummer. He did. "Inside Me" is a bluesy track and has become my all-time favorite as the music wascrafted beautifully with great lead vocals and nice guitar as well as basslines. I bet you will like this song as I do. On thing misplaced is the next track "I Wanna Live Again" (4:22) which for me is like a pop song - not even rock. I am not quite sure why they wrote a song something like this. "Phil" is definitely a blues track featuring excellent guitar solo work. It's really a very good debut album, overall. Keep on proggin' ...! Review by "Gatot" (Prog Archives).

RATING:  8 / 10

.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário