sexta-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2014

*. Almara .*

Album: Outros Amores (2009)
Genre: Soft Prog Folk (Sephardic Music/Acoustic/Medieval Folk)  /  Germany

The first time I heard this album my heart literally sank to the floor! I am probably the biggest fan of Faun in the world, and I had already listened to every song Lisa had been in for all those years, since she was a wee lass until she left the band. I ordered her album from Germany, and when it finally arrived and I started to play it, I have to admit that it not only exponentially exceeded my expectations, but it was nothing like I expected. It was as if Lisa reached a whole new level. I already knew that she had a beautiful voice, and was already convinced that it was the most beautiful voice I've ever heard (I think that Tinta is the best example from her Faun years of what she was capable of). But once I opened the 'Outros Amores' album and started playing it my jaw dropped. As I said, I consider myself the biggest fan of Faun ever, but I can now see why she left (and the band hasn't been and never will be the same without her). Now that Lisa is free to do what she wants, she has delivered with an album that surpassed all of my expectations. I thought that her first album after leaving Faun and doing her own thing would be good, but this is just exceptional, fantastic, and (simply) subliminal. I can listen to it hundreds of times and still not lose this intense feeling of connection to the music that Lisa brings. I just absolutely love the songs: Rosa Das Rosas, Je Vivroie Liement, Qué Puede Ser, and El Rey De Francia. I find it very impressive that this dazzling and marvelous German girl can deliver such wonderful medieval music in FRENCH and SPANISH! I'm from America, and I know a decent amount of Latin and German, but she has already outdone me in language skills. My final advice to anyone who reads this review is to buy this album immediately. If I were banished to the desert for the rest of my life, but could choose only one album to bring with me, this would be my choice. I can't wait to hear what the wonderful Elisabeth Pawelke comes up with next, for I know that it is bound to be FANTASTIC! 
Review by "Ex absurdo contradictorio" (www.amazon.com).

RATING:  7.75 / 10

.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário