domingo, 30 de setembro de 2012

*. Carta Immense .*

Album: Constantly Repeating (2012)
Genre: Prog Rock (Metal/Aternative)  /  USA

Honestly when I got Constantly Repeating, there was no expectation at all from me.  I have never heard of Carta Immense before and I didn’t even know what to expect from them, but as soon as the first track started I was pleasantly surprised.  The absolute first thing I noticed is how commanding Dicki’s voice is.  I would hate to draw comparisons, but the first thing I could think about is Johnny Craig and how Dicki could step into his shoes and fill them. (Probably better because i’m guessing Dicki isn’t a big of an idiot) He constantly moves his voice all over the place to crooning in “Quartering an Intolerable Act” to a strained almost-growl in “Iglood Together” The production overall is tighter than some signed bands I have heard, with every instrument layered almost perfectly (I say almost because I felt the drums were hidden behind everything else in some places)  I am not much of a synth man myself, but Carta uses them often but not overbearing in my sight. This band is very catchy, I had strained my throat in my band’s practice and while I was trying to rest my voice, I caught myself singing along more than I should have. Mostly “Ills and Toll” Lyrically this album is very very good.  I enjoyed reading along  in the free booklet.  The only complaint I have here is repeated lyrics, which can either be used very effectively or just too drawn out, and i felt in some places they should have just wrote another line to get the point across, but that is a very minor offense in my book. If you are looking for a good indie rock band with a strong lead and good vocals, and a great future definitely give Carta Immense a listen. Review by "WaywardMSL" (http://killhipsters.com).

RATING:  7.25 / 10

.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário